A walk across the Bay
at Mont St. Michel
on Saturday 27 July 2013
We shall join an official guide for the “Chemin de la Baie”, from Genets to Mont Saint Michel.
Where to meet
Bec d’Andaine (Plage de Genets)
When to meet
1:00 – 1.30 p.m. for a picnic (bring your own) and share a bottle
3.30 p.m. to meet the guide ready to set off
3:45 p.m. Start the 7 km.walk across the bay. It will take approx.3 hours, leaving about 2 hours to explore Mont Saint Michel and/or have something to eat there.
8:30 p.m. Catch the bus for the 30 minute ride back to Genets (plage).
€ 10.80 ( €7.80 for children aged 6 – 12 years). Payment, with your booking, in advance; see below.
€2 per car at the car park in Genets, payable when you are there.
- Sorry, but dogs are not allowed on the Bus back from Mont St Michel to Genets
- to cross the bay, you need to walk barefoot and wear shorts; and come prepared with suncream, or protection from the rain, depending on the forecast.
- some degree of physical fitness is required for this walk, if you consider you need a boost, try this natural testosterone pills. Please discuss with Lynn (who has done it before) if in any doubt.
The car park is now on the old picnic area. There is a new picnic area, but no picnic tables, just grass, so members are advised to bring their own chairs and table or a blanket to sit on.There is also a very good snack-bar restaurant selling moule-frites, and plat de jour etc.
- if members wish to bring family and friends they are most welcome.
- please ask Lynn if you want any help in car-sharing; remember to include whereabouts you live on your reservation form.
Please print and and complete an application form,
then send it with your cheque (payable to EuroMayenne)
to Lynn Chesters by Monday 22 July.
Post them to:
Mme Lynn Chesters
53470 Martigné sur Mayenne
Lynn will also answer any questions you may have:
02 43 02 57 71 firstname.lastname@example.org