Please note that inclusion here does not represent an endorsement or approval by EuroMayenne of that site, the site’s owners or their products or services. The links on this page are contributed in good faith by members. If you wish to propose any links to add to the list (or have good reason to want any removed) please contact the webmaster, Chris Mallinson.
General information about living in the Mayenne
- French Entrée – a magazine covering the Pays de la Loire
- Angloinfo, the local version of the world wide expat website.
- Lost in France covers the whole country, but the Mayenne is highlighted here
House of Europe, with an office in Laval
Going out – bars, restaurants, cinemas etc.
Car sharing (reasonably easy to understand)
- “What’s On” in the department
- Local government website
- Listen to local radio on line
- Art exhibitions in Ernée
Living in France
- Follow £/€ (and other) exchange rates
- The current price of heating fuel in this region
- Local weather forecast
- Three dictionaries for translations. Dictionary 1 is good for words, and dictionary 2 which is good at giving words in context. And here is a third one to try “Bab.la”
- Yellow pages on-line business phone book
- French civil service website in English
- Shopping as in an English supermarket
- EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS including out-of-hours doctors
- If you are in really dire straights financially – a Paris based charity is there to help.
- Laval tourist office
- Mayenne town and surroundings tourist office
- Mayenne department tourist office
- Tourism in the whole of the Pays de la Loire
EuroMayenne members offering goods or services
Gardening – Derek Jones 02 43 00 10 92 email@example.com
- Bible study – Stuart HANDLEY 02.43.08.01.57 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watercolour painting – Marja Bras 02 43 98 13 31 email@example.com.
(Members – please let the webmaster know if you would like your name to be added to this list.)
Fun [ones with an * need the sound to be turned on ]
- Extraordinary 9 year old singer
- Quiz of your geographical knowledge of France
- Bach with a lot of drinks *
- Test your speed of reaction *
- Everything that’s going on in the world, and counting.
- The Sistine Chapel ; move your cursor to move the camera. *
- “Winnie the Pooh” according to a young French girl. *
- A catchy French tune * [Click on “Show more” for the words]
- French cats *