Fr Fran Fr
EuroMayenne was founded in 1991 by a small group of Mayennais who saw the need to help those moving into the department to integrate with the locals.
In the past 27 years, the membership has grown to more than 300. About two thirds are British / Anglophone with a mix of those still working and those who have retired; and the other third are French who enjoy being able to socialise internationally whilst remaining on home territory.
Even if your command of French is close to zero, you will be sure to find other English speakers, whether as their mother tongue, or the French keen to practise their verbal skills!
An Executive Committee of volunteers is elected each year who organise:
- Activities such as outings to local attractions, an annual dinner-dance, BBQs, car boot sales, social evenings.
- An annual major one-day Arts & Craft Fair which attracts over 2500 people.
- Weekly French language lessons for beginners and for those who already have some knowledge of the language.
- Informal Conversation Workshops.
- Monthly Tea in Mayenne.
- a network of volunteers who are there to help any member in their hour of need with short term practical help.
And also within the Association, there are special interest groups, organised by members covering photography, rambling, craft work, gardening, belote and reading.
Members receive a monthly reminder of forthcoming events.
[Click on " Calendar " in the Information section to see it at any time].
If you need more information, please contact our President:
Nicole Devel-Laigle 02.43.56.57.31 / 06.73.71.96.52 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not yet a member we hope that you will join us !