Everyone* is very welcome to these informal meetings.
- Normally there are about 15 people sitting round 3 or 4 tables.
- For one hour everybody talks in English and you help the French members; then after a pause for a soft drink and a chat, back for the second hour in French when they help you.
- There is a topic to start the discussions, but conversations often deviate widely from the theme!
- As these are not lessons, you do need to have a basic knowledge of French to feel comfortable, but the setting is so informal that you need not feel shy about opening your mouth!
In Laval they are held at
Maison de Quartier des Fourches, 1 Place Pasteur, 53000 Laval.
Parking is usually not a problem; it is in a residential area of apartment blocks.
In Mayenne at
Lycee Don Bosco, 18 Boulevard Anatole France, 53102 Mayenne.
Park in the road/on the pavement nearby.Enter the gate at the left of the main building, turn right into the playground and it is the FIRST classroom on your RIGHT.
Meetings are held from 8.00pm to 10.00pm every other week.
in Mayenne on Mondays.
Mayenne programme for 2016:
September 26 October 10 November 7, 21 December 5
Mayenne programme for 2017:
January 9, 23 February 6, 27 March 13, 27 April 24 May 8, 22 June 5, 19
Topics to start the conversation:
27/03/17 MAYENNE HISTORY
and in Laval on Wednesdays.
Laval programme for 2016:
September 14 28* October 12 November 9 23 December 7
Laval programme for 2017:
January 11 25 February 8 March 1 15 29 April 26 May 10 24 June 7 21
Meetings are not held during the school holidays or on Bank Holidays, so none in July and August.See the monthly for the next session.
Free, apart from an honesty box (leave anything up to €1) to cover the cost of drinks and biscuits.
What to bring
Paper and pencil if you think you might want to record any nuggets you have picked up, and maybe a dictionary if you all get stuck on a word!
Contacts and for further information:
In Mayenne: Michel Liébert 06 89 19 74 12 email@example.com
- In Laval: Armelle JAMELOT 02 43 53 86 70 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Non-members will be invited to join EuroMayenne if they would like to continue coming after their first free session.