Everyone* is very welcome to these informal meetings.
- Normally there are about 15 people sitting round 3 or 4 tables.
- For one hour everybody talks in English and you help the French members; then after a pause for a soft drink and a chat, back for the second hour in French when they help you.
- There is a topic to start the discussions, but conversations often deviate widely from the theme!
- As these are not lessons, you do need to have a basic knowledge of French to feel comfortable, but the setting is so informal that you need not feel shy about opening your mouth!
In Laval they are held at
Maison de Quartier des Fourches, 1 Place Pasteur, 53000 Laval.
Parking is usually not a problem; it is in a residential area of apartment blocks.
In Mayenne at
Lycee Don Bosco, 18 Boulevard Anatole France, 53102 Mayenne.
Park in the road/on the pavement nearby. Enter the gate in the middle of the main building, turn left then right after the steps then right into the playground and it is the FIRST classroom on your RIGHT.
If the gate is closed or you are late, please ring Lynn Chesters on 06.48.56.41.15 who will be able to let you in.
Meetings are held from 8.00pm to 10.00pm every other week.
in Mayenne on Mondays.
Mayenne programme (with topics):
|September||9 [ your last holiday ]||23 [ climate ]|
|October||7 [ health/going to the doctor ]|
|November||4 [ cookery ]||18 [ town traffic ]|
|December||2 [ wildlife animals ]||16 [ christmas ]|
|January||6 [ city life/village life ]||20 [ famous people ]|
|February||3 [ sports and games ]|
|March||2 [ the garden ]||16 [ fashion ]||30 [ world of work ]|
|April||27 [ olympics games ]|
|May||11 [ history ]||25 [ school/education ]|
|June||8 [ types of transport ]||22 [ places to visit ]|
and in Laval on Wednesdays.
* Change of room to the large room on the 1st Floor
Meetings are not held during the school holidays or on Bank Holidays, so none in July and August.
See the monthly for the next session.
Free, apart from an honesty box (leave anything up to €1) to cover the cost of drinks and biscuits.
What to bring
Paper and pencil if you think you might want to record any nuggets you have picked up, and maybe a dictionary if you all get stuck on a word!
Contacts and for further information:
*Non-members will be invited to join EuroMayenne if they would like to continue coming after their first free session.