Photo: Mayenne – September 2017
Everyone* is very welcome to these informal meetings.
- Normally there are about 15 people sitting round 3 or 4 tables.
- For one hour everybody talks in English and you help the French members; then after a pause for a soft drink and a chat, back for the second hour in French when they help you.
- There is a topic to start the discussions, but conversations often deviate widely from the theme!
- As these are not lessons, you do need to have a basic knowledge of French to feel comfortable, but the setting is so informal that you need not feel shy about opening your mouth!
In Laval they are held at
Maison de Quartier des Fourches, 1 Place Pasteur, 53000 Laval.
Parking is usually not a problem; it is in a residential area of apartment blocks.
In Mayenne at
Lycee Don Bosco, 18 Boulevard Anatole France, 53102 Mayenne.
Park in the road/on the pavement nearby. Enter the gate at the left of the main building, turn right into the playground and it is the FIRST classroom on your RIGHT.
Meetings are held from 8.00pm to 10.00pm every other week.
in Mayenne on Mondays.
Mayenne programme (with topic):
September 18 (travel) October 2 (the house) 16 (the garden) November 6 (Games & Sport) 20 (the family) December 4 (meals) 18 (Christmas)
January 8 (at school) 22 (countries & people) February 5 (letters & arts) 19 (industry) March 12 (misc.) 26 (in town) April 9 (expressions) May 14 (music) 28 (the car) June 11 (cinema) 25 (holidays)
and in Laval on Wednesdays.
September 20** October 4*** 18 November 8 22 December 6 20
January 10 24 February 7 21 March 14** 28 April 11 May 16 30 June 13 27
** Meetings on 20/9/17 and 14/3/18 are in the upstairs room. Same building, but enter via door at the front of the building.
*** The meeting on 4/10/17 will be at the Salle Expression at the Maison Bleue, opposite the main hospital.
Meetings are not held during the school holidays or on Bank Holidays, so none in July and August.
See the monthly for the next session.
Free, apart from an honesty box (leave anything up to €1) to cover the cost of drinks and biscuits.
What to bring
Paper and pencil if you think you might want to record any nuggets you have picked up, and maybe a dictionary if you all get stuck on a word!
Contacts and for further information:
In Mayenne: Michel Liébert 06 89 19 74 12 email@example.com
- In Laval: Armelle JAMELOT 02 43 53 86 70 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Non-members will be invited to join EuroMayenne if they would like to continue coming after their first free session.