Everyone* is very welcome to these informal meetings.
- Normally there are about 15 people sitting round 3 or 4 tables.
- For one hour everybody talks in English and you help the French members; then after a pause for a soft drink and a chat, back for the second hour in French when they help you.
- There is a topic to start the discussions, but conversations often deviate widely from the theme!
- As these are not lessons, you do need to have a basic knowledge of French to feel comfortable, but the setting is so informal that you need not feel shy about opening your mouth!
In Laval they are held at
Maison de Quartier des Fourches, 1 Place Pasteur, 53000 Laval.
Parking is usually not a problem; it is in a residential area of apartment blocks.
In Mayenne at
Lycee Don Bosco, 18 Boulevard Anatole France, 53102 Mayenne.
Park in the road/on the pavement nearby. Enter the gate in the middle of the main building, turn left then right after the steps then right into the playground and it is the FIRST classroom on your RIGHT.
If the gate is closed or you are late, please ring Lynn Chesters on 06.48.56.41.15 who will be able to let you in.
Meetings are held from 8.00pm to 10.00pm every other week.
- in Mayenne on Mondays.
Mayenne programme (with topics):
Important – COVID-19 Health & Safety Regulations
Very clear health & safety rules were imposed by Don Bosco’s Headteacher, M. Angin.
- Compliance with health & safety instructions set out by Lycee Don Bosco.
- Before and after every meeting, disinfection of tables & chairs by the persons in charge of the workshop with disinfecting wipes supplied by EuroMayenne.
- Compulsory social distancing (1m around each person).
- Wearing a mask is compulsory.
- Hand washing with hydro alcoholic gel (supplied by EuroMayenne and held by one of the persons in charge of the workshop) obligatory on entering the room.
The agreement signed with Lycée Don Bosco authorises the presence of a maximum of 20 persons in their classrooms.
Thus, in order to anticipate the number of people attending, Colette Berron will send you a Doodle a week before each conversation workshop so that you can pre-register.
- and in Laval on Wednesdays.
|September||30||(exceptionnally on SKYPE)|
|October||14||(exceptionnally on SKYPE)|
* Change of room to the large room on the 1st Floor
Meetings are not held during the school holidays or on Bank Holidays, so none in July and August.
See the monthly for the next session.
Free, apart from an honesty box (leave anything up to €1) to cover the cost of drinks and biscuits.
What to bring
Paper and pencil if you think you might want to record any nuggets you have picked up, and maybe a dictionary if you all get stuck on a word!
Contacts and for further information:
*Non-members will be invited to join EuroMayenne if they would like to continue coming after their first free session.